Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting off fresh...

I saw a post on my friends Facebook page (thanks Megan!) and decided to try and follow through with this.  I NEVER keep up with journals, so I'm hoping by simplifying it and making it a blog, I will continue to do this!  Below is her post that inspired me...


"Your homework assignment for the new year: Buy a notebook or journal and entitle it "365 Days of Gratitude." Each day, starting Jan 1, write something your thankful for that day. They can be small things like you found a front row parking space or you didn't eat that second slice of cake :) The point is to have a hard copy of everything we really do have to be thankful and grateful for! ♥"

 2011 was a year of ups and downs for me.  I had some really tough times, but I also had some amazing times as well...I'm hoping 2012 brings nothing but peace and love for my little family, as well as for my friends!


Now, lets get on with the GRATITUDE!  


Today, the second day of the year.  I wonder if we are allowed to be thankful for MORE than one thing?  Hmm.  Today, I am thankful for being off work for a 3 day weekend!  Being off today allows me to clean, do laundry and make dinner for my husband.  I just recently started cooking and I think I am going to love it.  Almost EVERYTHING I've made, he's loved, so that's a good thing!  


I suppose I should also post what I'm thankful for yesterday too, since I just started this blog.  Yesterday, we went to my parents house, had snacks and then dinner with my Dad, Mom, both Grandmas, moms friend Diane, my "little" brother Deej, his girlfriend Lizzy, and of course Chris and myself.  Yesterday, I was thankful for having cars to get where we need to go.  I have my little Saturn Ion that is almost paid off (yaaa!) and hubby has his new Cube that he LOVES.  I am blessed to be able to afford having 2 cars.  


'Til tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment